Tuesday 2 August 2011

Kenny Borthwick this, Kenny Borthwick that.

I write this with some trepidation, because in his first talk on Monday morning, Kenny  Borthwick, who is basing his daily Bible study on John 17, declared that when he hears his name being mentioned too much he knows it's time to moving on. He went on to tell the story of a chap called Campbell McAlpine who lived fully in his own glory but was careful not to touch the Glory of God; God shares His Glory with no-one else.
 
Kenny Borthwick has such a humble air about him that I'm sure he's following the same course as Campbell - so please forgive me for the title above. To God be the Glory.
 
I don't want you to move on, Kenny, not yet. And I have three reasons for doing so, yet I do want to honour and thank you:
 
  1. I'm loving the talks you're giving. They are rich food. I've got stuff to chew on and digest that will take me more than this week to do so.
  2. You're about to speak at our Church weekend away in a few weeks and I'm praying that it's going to be a significant point in the life of the church.
  3. One of the most significant moments in my life happened at a talk in a previous New Wine, when during a message ont Isaiah, you talked about American Indian names.

No comments:

Post a Comment